I’m sitting here enjoying an absolutely beautiful summer day in Lima. All the windows are open, the sun is shining and there is a great breeze. Both boys are napping at the same time(a rare and wondrous thing). It doesn’t get much better than this!
We’ve had a busy month~ here are some of the highlights.
We celebrated New Years with pizza and friends and endured another raucous series of fireworks that lasted all night long.
We celebrated the marriage of a sweet couple that reminded us what it was like at age 22.
Mike learned to sit up by himself and is thoroughly enjoying eating everything I give him. Mango is a favorite.
Pete is busy as usual, working on potty training and learning numbers and colors in spanish. He is warming up to people here better and I am hopeful that soon he and I will be ready for a babysitter and a date night. Here’s hoping!
One of the major highlights of the month was our trip back to Richmond for the Mission College training event. Over 120 people participated in learning and sharing good mission practices. It was so exciting to see so many of our stateside partners eagerly engaging in this training. It was a blessing to see old friends and make some new ones as well.
A big bonus to this training was some more time with family. We flew in on my mother’s 60th birthday and enjoyed celebrating that with her. We all endured a little illness, it seemed like everyday someone else was sick with something new! So that made things a little more challenging of course. But we were grateful for the help of our family. We even got to see some snow!! Just a few inches, but it was pretty and delayed our return by a day.
Now we are back home in Lima and recovering from colds and catching up on some sleep. David is back to the grindstone and the boys and I are getting back into routine.
Please be praying for us in the next few months…
1) Pray for our families and sensitivity in how to best love them from far away. I really want to be creative in ways to support them from here.
2) Please pray for David as he continues to figure out our new role and what it looks like on an everyday basis.
3) Pray for us to develop deeper relationships and find ways to minister as a family.
4) Please pray for several of our Peruvian brothers who are struggling financially.
5) Please pray for David as he prepares for a trip to Suriname in March to work with leadership development.
6) Please pray for us as we work on a budget for life here in Lima, that we will be wise and prudent and that David and I will be in one accord.
Thank you so much for your prayers and your support for us! We are so grateful for all of you. Your work of prayer is what keeps us on the field!